Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Guacamole

Last night we had a couple guests over for flank steak tacos, margaritas and guacamole.  The tacos were great (and will be posted once I get some photos of the finished product) but it was the guacamole I woke up this morning wishing I had more of.  The recipe is extremely simple and can be modified to suit anyone's taste, though I'll confess I wouldn't make it any differently.  The blend I chose was moderately spicy.  If you are serving this to children (or adults with sensitivity to spicy foods) you may want to seed or omit the Serrano chili pepper.  I served this exactly as written below and it was finished in no time.



You'll Need:

3-4 very ripe avocados
1 small red onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1 Serrano chile
3 Tb lime juice

Now You're Cookin':

Cut avocados in half and scoop the flesh into a small mixing bowl.

Mince the onion, chile and cilantro.


Add chopped onion, chile and cilantro to the avocados and mash together with a fork.

Add 3 Tb lime juice and salt to taste.  The flavors will mellow as the dip rests.  If you're putting this in the fridge for an hour (recommended) you'll want the guacamole to be a little overly spicy, lime-y, and salty when it goes into the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment